The Centre for Non-Violence (CNV) is a leading and innovative specialist Family Violence organisation based in the Loddon area, with a vision of gender and social equality for all. CNV is an inclusive child safe organisation, committed to achieving diversity in our service response and workforce.
Located within our Program and Services team, this opportunity can be on either a part or full time basis with 0.8 – 1 FTE negotiable for the right person.
Our Programs and Services Division delivers a range of programs to the community including domestic violence outreach services for women and children experiencing family violence and/or homelessness; counselling for women and children experiencing family violence; young women’s housing programs; programs for men who use violence towards family members including men’s behaviour change and case management.
The Integrated Practice Workers work within multi-disciplinary teams providing high quality, safe and effective responses to women and children seeking support and safety, whilst keeping the perpetrator in view. Integrated Practice Workers will work on a placement basis within the CNV Offices and The Orange Door Network.
To be considered for these positions you will have;
- A relevant tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, community services and/or a related human services field. A Social Work degree is highly desirable.
- At least two years’ experience in a family violence or related role.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of family violence including impacts on children and young people and young homeless women’s issues in accordance with service philosophies.
- Extensive experience in providing case work to individuals and/or families experiencing complex needs and risk issues including a sound knowledge of referral pathways.
- The ability to work with limited supervision and exercise judgement and initiative in a fast paced and changing environment where practices and processes may not be clearly defined.
For consideration, applicants will need to address the selection criteria contained within the position description.
For more information visit our website or phone People and Culture on (03) 5430 3000.
Employment with CNV is subject to a satisfactory WWC clearance and criminal record history check prior to commencement of employment.
CNV is an equal opportunity employer.