The Centre for Non-Violence (CNV) is a leading and innovative specialist Family Violence organisation based in the Loddon area, with a vision of gender and social equality for all. CNV is an inclusive child safe organisation, committed to achieving diversity in our service response and workforce.
Located within our team at The Orange Door in Bendigo, we have a number of ongoing opportunities that can be on either a part or full time basis with 0.8 – 1 FTE (30.4 – 38 hours) negotiable for the right person.
This role is to provide a service response to men who have been referred to or who contact the service due to concerns they have about the impact of their behaviour on their family members and are seeking support to help change their behaviour and stop using violence in their relationships.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- A minimum of Diploma level qualification in social work, psychology, community services and/or a related human services field.
- At least two years’ experience in a family violence or related role.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of family violence including impacts on children and young people and young homeless women’s issues in accordance with service philosophies.
- Extensive experience in providing case work to individuals and/or families experiencing complex needs and risk issues including a sound knowledge of referral pathways.
- The ability to work with limited supervision and exercise judgement and initiative in a fast paced and changing environment where practices and processes may not be clearly defined.
For consideration, applicants will need to address the selection criteria contained within the position description, available on our website at www.cnv.org.au.
For more information visit our website or phone People and Culture on (03) 5430 3000.
Employment with CNV is subject to a satisfactory WWC clearance and criminal record history check prior to commencement of employment.
Applications for this position will be assessed as received.
If we identify a suitable applicant prior to the posted closing date for this role we may close this position sooner, so we encourage to you apply as soon as possible.
CNV is an equal opportunity employer.