The Centre for Non-Violence (CNV) is a leading and innovative specialist Family Violence organisation based in the Loddon area, with a vision of gender and social equality for all.
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Privacy Officer to join our passionate Corporate Services team. This role is a 12 month fixed term contract, working 19 hours per week (0.5 FTE) and you will be responsible for the organisation’s Privacy Program and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and privacy laws.
Reporting to the Executive Support Officer, a day in the life of a Privacy Officer may include:
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments and trends in data privacy
- Communicating current privacy risks and events
- Taking action on complaints, breaches and issues pertaining to CNV privacy policies and procedures
- Assessing incidents and formulating responses to privacy incident reports
- Performing privacy risk assessments and monitoring compliance activities
- Maintaining a register of privacy and information matters
- Providing guidance, advice, training and promotion of privacy compliance
- Documenting and reporting on the privacy compliance program including any action taken regarding privacy and sensitive information
- Acting as the organisation's liaison with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
The successful applicant will be familiar with the privacy principles in the Privacy Act (Cth) and any other legislation governing the organisation, as well as holding exemplary written and verbal communication skills in a highly confidential environment. Knowledge of compliance information systems and sound skills in planning, policy development and analytical thinking will also be required. A background working in legal, governance or compliance environments will be advantageous.
For consideration, applicants must address the key selection criteria, outlined in the position description, available on our website at www.cnv.org.au/jobs.
Employment with CNV is subject to a satisfactory WWC clearance and criminal record history check prior to commencement of employment.
Applications close: 9am, Monday 2nd August 2021.
CNV is an inclusive child safe organisation, committed to achieving diversity in our services and workforce.