Supporting Women and Children
Offering specialist knowledge and support including safety planning, crisis response, accommodation and therapeutic recovery programs.
"Women and children who are experiencing family violence trust Centre for Non-Violence’s integrated response and support services to help them to live free from the threat of violence, keeping them safe in a crisis and facilitating lasting personal transformation." - Margaret Augerinos, CEO
Young Women’s Housing Program
The Centre for Non Violence is funded to provide support and accommodation to young single women aged 15 - 25, many of whom are seeking refuge from family violence.
Services in this program include:
- Help accessing crisis and/or longer-term secure accommodation
- Emotional support and material aid
- Court support
- Advice, information and advocacy
- Financial assistance and referral to financial services
- Support and referrals for parenting issues
- Support to engage with re-training, employment and education opportunities
Children's Counselling and Group Facilitation
For children and families who have been impacted by family violence the worker will conduct assessments of the child's counselling needs and provide group work, individual and family counselling interventions.
- Provide age and developmentally appropriate therapeutic counselling to children and young people.
- Provide child centered family interventions specific to the needs of the child and family.
- Provide support and advice to parents/caregivers regarding effective parenting strategies specific to the needs of the child.
"Wonderful to see services advocating for children and their rights to individual service and support.
Great work CNV!" - Anon